Tim Hatfield Bio
Hello and thank you for visiting my website. I am here to provide you with not only music that I have played throughout my career but also music that I've taught myself how to play and like to listen to and enjoy. I am also starting to record my originals that I've had stockpiled for years. They will be released every few months or so.
Here are some facts about me:
* Born and raised in Flint, Michigan. Lived outside of Flint in Davison Michigan. Moved to Sault Ste. Marie in the fall of 1967. Just in time to start my freshman year of high school.
* Have been a professional musician for over 50 years.
* Started out playing the trombone in school at the age of 10. Received my first guitar for Christmas, 1964.
* Self taught guitarist. I received a book on how to play chords and a book on how to play notes when I got my first guitar for Christmas 1964.
* Taught music/guitar at Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan.
* Member of the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland
* Opened for the band America while on tour.
* Have played in much of the midwest. Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kentucky.
* Have also been a studio musician, filling in whenever and wherever I was needed.
* Have played for dignitaries, mayors, state representatives, boat tour
dinners, casino's, weddings, private parties, bars, lounges, large and small outdoor concerts, church's, high school dances and just about any other venue you can think of.
* I've also played with some the best musicians in the neighborhood. (listed below)
Names include and not in any particular order:
Ray Mayer Sr.
Ray Mayer Jr.
Scott "Beck" McPherson
The String Kelly Hobo Choir
Special thanks to everyone that has followed me and the groups I've been in through out the years.
If there is someone that I've neglected to enter, please e-mail me and I will add your name.